Thursday, May 15, 2008

Are Over!!!!

Yes, as of yesterday, my AP testing terminated! I have no more! And I am HAPPY!!!!!! The stress is over, and the rest of the school year is (relatively) easy going. Five APs (I can't believe myself) over with!

AP Calc AB was..... eh, I didn't really worry too much about that. It went by fairly well. The free-response are up for those of you who are up for the challenge. They were pretty straightforward except for number 5. Solving that differential equation was a royal pain in the butt. Having a negative in the natural log was extremely confusing (which you get after setting the initial condition). However, I THINK I got the equation purely because I learned the esoteric epsilon-delta proofs. I had some free time, so I tried to prove the limit as x approached infinity but..... I couldn't. So, I looked over the work I had done, and switched a couple of negatives and I think I got the right answer. But.... I'll never know now. Anyways, I have a lot of confidence in this exam.

AP U.S. History is kind of an eeehhh..... exam. I'm not entirely sure how I did. All I know is that I completed my goal of writing about the Wright brothers in one of my essays. And funnily enough, the essay was on the "New South". So... that was an interesting experience. There's not much I'm going to say about this test.

The greatest test, AP Physics, was the main focus of my study. I was highly skeptical I would get a satisfactory grade on it, but somehow I managed to study hard, and I think it would have worked. The mechanics test was much easier than I thought it would be. The practice problems we did in class and out of AP review books tended to OVERPREPARE us dramatically. The problems on the test were fairly straightforward (at least I hope so). However, the free-response problems were another thing. It wasn't fair, they stuck in a differential equation. And what's worst is that I know exactly what I did wrong. When solving the differential equation, I forgot to separate before I integrated. I should have been tipped off when I got v=mgtsin(θ)-BS! Anyways, the curve on that test is so low, I don't think it's going to make that much of a difference. The E&M test was just as intuitive.... kinda. I like to think I overprepared for E&M, and I found most of it fairly straightforward except... the last free-response problem. That problem was horrific, but only the a) part. I think it had something to do with Bio-Savart's law or something, but I couldn't calculate a magnetic field at a point! Anyways, no use complaining now.

AP English was just.... great! I can't disclose any information yet because the score might be thrown out (48 hours need to pass), but let me just say I was initially sad because I wrote one of my greatest essays ever, and I thought I would never see it again. However, good news came from Dr. Draper, and he said I WOULD be getting my essay back... later on. And I'm glad, because that essay is my crowning achievement in English for this year. I love it!

Anyways, that was my AP testing schedule. From now on, it's smooth sailing and fun until summer. Unfortunately now... I have a backlog of about unread RSS entries that I have to get through. I'm severely tempted to just "Mark All as Read"... oh well, we'll see.

1 comment:

larry said...

"....the esoteric epsilon-delta proofs"

If you think that's esoteric, then you have no clue what's ahead of you after high school.