Monday, November 19, 2007

Alliance for Science, Part 2!

The Alliance for Science is having a 2nd essay contest about evolution. And no, I'm not going to be submitting this year, I find it to be better to have some new blood in the voice for evolution.

This year, there are going to be two topics: one is Evolution and Climate, the other Agriculture and Evolution. So, there's much more choice in this year than in the previous one. And plus, these topics are not very nailed down, you can vary quite widely in them. Just be sure not to write an essay on Linux and evolution, or something like that. I don't think that would float too well with the judges, as interesting an idea as that may be.

As I've heard, this year the Alliance is going to be more efficient and organized. Last year was a bit of a last-minute thing. The cash prizes for these year are the same, $300 for 1st, $200 for second, $150 for third, and $100 for fourth. Unfortunately, I haven't seen the subscriptions to SEED on the list of prizes. I hope they include that later on, it was one of the things I was most excited for. Well, with this post, I say, GOOD LUCK to the future entrants!

No comments: