Friday, August 24, 2007

Pastafarian Values!

Ok, I think I've gotten much more sane by now (or not). But I am tempted to comment on a trailer I saw for the new VeggieTales movie: The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything. Now, I haven't watched Veggie Tales, but I think they're highly associated with Christian programming and have been mainly used to promote values and such (The last movie was about Jonah, I'm pretty sure the same Jonah who was in that whale (or giant fish)). When I saw pirates, I immediately thought, FSM! Also, in the story on the web site, it states:

The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything--A VeggieTales Movie continues the hit series'
values-based lessons on teaching kids what it really means to be a hero.

Hmmm...... since the movie is so overtly pro-Pastafarian and tries to teach values, it makes me think Pastafarians actually have values! Heh, just kidding. But I just found this to be a decent dose of irony.

No comments: