Thursday, July 26, 2007

First driving lesson

Well, of course, I passed and am now permitted to drive. I also had my first driving lesson just....an hour after getting my permit. And I must say, driving is much more fun than I expected. I also got the hang of turns and traffic. And I finally found out how the turn signals worked. Seriously, that mystery has always eluded me. Which way is left, which is right? Does the driver have to turn off the turn signal every time he or she turns? And a whole bunch of those questions.

So yeah, practiced right, left, three-point turns and got comfortable behind the wheel. After a few more lessons, I think I'll be confident enough to drive my parents. I still have to learn about parking, the freeway, and driving at night. I'll update accordingly.

6 comments:

Cairnarvon said...

Stick shift or automatic?

cactaur said...

Automatic. I live in a city, what do you expect?

Cairnarvon said...

Living in the city is really no excuse for driving an automatic.
The only people I know who drive one are disabled and have no other choice. >.>

cactaur said...

Well, over here, automatic is the rule rather than the exception. And you're saying that like it's a bad thing.

Larry said...

Horay!

Cairnarvon said...

It is. Automatics are still less fuel-efficient than stick shifts, even in the city.