Sunday, June 10, 2007

UBUNTU OWNAGE!!!

(Warning, yet another anti-mac rant)

Actually, this isn't a rant. It's just something that caught my attention. Thanks to the Ubuntu Forums for pointing this out. Someone looked in Google Trends, and compared Ubuntu with OS X. The results are here. After 2006, Ubuntu has apparently gained more popularity than OS X. And Linux has been higher since the beginning of Google trends. That's gonna be a VERY useful statistic for school. HAHAHAHHA!!!

Ok, before you start yelling at me, I know there are several giant holes in using this as a useful statistic for saying Ubuntu is better. For one thing, Ubuntu users are 8 kajillion times more likely to search for help on the internet than mac users. Mac users probably take their computer to the store to get it fixed, Ubuntu users have to use the web. Another thing is that you can BUY software for macs in the store. For Ubuntu, you have to search on the internet "program name ubuntu" or "program name linux", because that's the only way you'll find software for linux (except for looking in the package manager, but I think this is more fun). So there, I broke down my own logic, I hope you enjoyed that. But that won't stop me from using this interesting fact, hehehe.

No comments: