Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Well, that was cool

Apparently the celebrations still haven't stopped. In fact, they just started today in school. It was today in 3rd period (at 1:45) when it was announced over the intercom to the whole school that I won the Alliance for Science essay contest and $300 (though what I REALLY wanted was the subscription to SEED). Boy, did that catch me by surprise. My 3rd period class burst out into applause just because of that. All I could do was laugh (which is what I usually do). The rest of the day consisted of people congratulating me. That's not to say I didn't like it, I relished the attention. It's probably one of the first really big, positive things that people knew me for. Wow, I probably could've won 500 piano competitions and still not have felt as good as when this happened. I really owe a big thanks to the Alliance for Science. I sure hope they're able to fix their web site, it was actually pretty cool before.

No comments: