Monday, May 07, 2007

Dell and Ubuntu

It's now rather official. Dell is going sell Ubuntu computers preinstalled. Yes, that means no more worrying about hardware, you don't have to be the geek who builds and installs Ubuntu him/herself. Now, Dell is doing it for you. Does this partnership give us linux users a sign that linux is, in fact, growing in popularity among the desktop market? I don't know, but look at this logo:


I personally would prefer my own computer to a Dell one, but hey, I know a lot of people who shop at Dell. I'm sure it'll make preaching much easier.

2 comments:

Larry said...

Your posts seems like a proclamationbr/>i> for nerds to buy Dell branded Computers just because they have Ubuntu preloaded OS. But that doesn't seem like you.

Larry said...

Your posts seems like a proclamation for nerds to buy Dell branded Computers just because they have Ubuntu preloaded OS. But that doesn't seem like you.