Monday, April 09, 2007

Astronomy day is coming up

I just got The Observer from the Santa Monica Amateur Astronomy Club(SMAAC), an astronomy club that I'm associated with. The Observer is a monthly newsletter that reminds us of upcoming meetings and general news on astronomy. So, in this issue, I was reminded of Astronomy Day. It's coming up on Saturday, April 21. I remember last Astronomy day. I tried to do some solar observing with my telescope. I used the method where you use a regular telescope and project the image of the sun onto a card. However, when I did this, I just saw a white circle. I then e-mailed Phil Plait if he knew what was going on. This was the first time I sent an e-mail and corresponded with a major blogger. However, I think after a long conversation, I got a bit too personal and Phil stopped responding. So, if you read this Phil, I'm sorry!

No comments: