Friday, February 09, 2007

Debian died

Ok, I'm not sure how possible this is, but I witness one of the weirdest things ever. I witnessed the Debian system I installed at school commit suicide. Yes, suicide. All I wanted to do was install java on there. Apparently, I messed around with the sources.list file a bit too much. The OS started taking itself apart by removing a whole bunch of stuff and (hopefully) reinstalling it. I have never witnessed a computer act so strangely, if it's not recoverable, I might install PCBSD on it because I'm like that.

1 comment:

Larry said...

That sounds something similar that happened to be with Windows(yeah..the most susceptible ) to such act. Well I made a registry hack for the native first party junk/cache cleaner tool by windows,this would reveal hidden options for techies..and i absent mindly ran ...and i watched ...half my desktop icons were annihilated, thats when i knew my registry was $#%$#ed ! I had a back up .reg ,but that was no use. Then i restart,and my whole account was gone,but good thing i recover large partial scrapes of my hard drive.



-Larry