Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year

I'd like to wish all of my readers a Happy New Year. As a tradition that has been going on with my family as long as I can remember, I went to a New Years Eve Party (Armenian, of course). And I feel that I must share with you what happened yesterday/today. I've noticed that I kind of have a schedule with parties and celebrations, especially those that I am new at. Now, the main thing people do at these functions is DANCE!! I'm not someone who really enjoys dancing, in fact, the first two hours, I just eat and stare longingly into space (or someone else [come on, just because I'm a nerd {ok fine, I know that didn't sound right, but I feel that I should be very social at these dances, but I just can't, and therefore, feel very lonely}]). Now, after I finish getting down in the dumps for the first two hours, I go to the guy you can always hang out with, the bartender. I know I'm a minor, but I don't drink anything, so don't get any wrong impressions about me. And when I'm with the bartender, and I watch him mix up various types of alcohol, I feel much more content. I've always had a liking for bartenders. I don't think it's because you can tell them all your problems, or that they're always open (I don't do that), but it's because they're like chemists. They mix stuff to make something new, and that's cool. Ok, I need to get back to doing what I have to do, but I might elaborate on this more.

No comments: