Saturday, December 16, 2006

Solaris

So, after finally hearing enough about how sexy Solaris is, I've decided to try it out for myself. And, I have to admit, it's VERY sexy, but not really as simple as linux. First of all, it won't detect my wireless network card, which means NO INTERNET!!!!!! That's just horrible. Apparently, my network card isn't compatible with Solaris, and apparently, there are only four wireless network cards known to be compatible with Solaris. That's right FOUR!!! Now, if I can find a workaround, my opinion of Solaris will increase. But as of now, the UNIX operating systems I find to be in order of user-friendliness are Linux (duh), Solaris, FreeBSD (I still can't get X to run, grrr). Apparently, there goes another use of the phrase, "it's what's on the inside that counts" .

No comments: